Northside Truck & Van has won the Mercedes-Benz Trucks Dealer of the Year title for a third year in succession as a result of consistently high levels of performance across all areas of its business.
Managing Director Russ Hallowes collected the trophy at the manufacturer’s annual awards, held at the Titanic Hotel in Liverpool. The dealer group, which has a staff of 551, registered more than 1,100 new Mercedes-Benz and Fuso vehicles with gross weights of 7.5 tonnes or above in 2018, and sold 200 used models.
Meanwhile, in its aftersales department, workshop labour sales and parts sales were up by 6% and 16% respectively. Northside’s Service 24h emergency assistance technicians repaired 88% of the vehicles they attended at the roadside, while 96% of the trucks prepared by the dealer for an MoT test by a DVSA inspector passed first time.
Hallowes said the creation last year of new Group Aftersales Manager positions dedicated to truck and van – jobs filled internally – had provided heightened focus on meeting the needs of the two sets of customers. Each Northside branch remains open through the night; six of the seven are also open on Sundays, and two of them – Leeds and Sheffield – only close on Christmas Day.
Northside, which has now won the same award in four of the last five years, has seven branches throughout Yorkshire and North Lincolnshire. Hallowes said: “This is a fantastic achievement, especially given the tough competition we faced from the other 16 members of the Mercedes-Benz Trucks Dealer Network.”
Other awards handed out included:
• Truck Customer Service & Parts Dealer of the Year – Ciceley Commercials
• Truck Technical Team of the Year – Sparshatts Truck & Van
• Truck Sales Dealer of the Year – Roanza Truck & Van
• Truck Sales Administration Team of the Year – Mertrux Truck & Van
• Mercedes-Benz Finance Truck Dealer of the Year – Intercounty Truck & Van
• Truck Marketing Dealer of the Year – Rygor Commercials
• Truck Service Manager of the Year – Dave McGinnis, Ciceley Commercials