Our client is a leader in the field of remarketing commercial vehicles, they offer a range of vehicles from 2.5t to 44t across 3 depots in the South East.
They are now seeking an experienced Depot/Site Manager to manage a busy depot in Crawley, Sussex.
Key Purpose of the job
1. To efficiently and effectively organize, direct and control resources, staff and facilities to provide the best possible customer service whilst meeting financial and retention targets.
2. To contribute to the development of all operating and administrative policies and procedures to ensure the achievement of all tasks smoothly and in a timely manner.
3. To maximise Depot profitability through the sales of labour, parts and materials to customers.
Objectives and Key Tasks
1. To maintain effective control of expenses in line with budget objectives by monthly examination of management accounts.
2. Utilise monthly management accounts to monitor department profitability and monitoring and optimizing productivity and performance of employees
3. Ensure that the department delivers high levels of service and customer care to all customers
· Planning and controlling customer surveys and other measures for monitoring customer satisfaction.
· Putting forward suggestions for measures to increase customer satisfaction and implementing these.
· By performing quality audits
· Following up on customer complaints and recording them in the customer complaint system. To ensure that these customer complaints are dealt with personally and where necessary utilising the goodwill guidelines as appropriate.
· Ensuring customer facing staff are supported correctly in technical questions raised when advising the customer.
4. Inform all service staff of personal and company objectives by managing, coaching and motivating employees thus ensuring a high quality of employees.
5. Assessing employees through appraisals and other measures and, if necessary, initiating disciplinary measures.
6. Oversee the day-to-day operation of the Parts Department in conjunction with the Group Parts Manager.
7. To hold regular meetings with technical and administrative staff.
8. Ensure that the site provides the opening hours, staff cover and level of emergency 24 hour service as required by management and MBUK.
9. Maintaining high levels of housekeeping and ensure equipment is maintained as appropriate. To be responsible for the security of plant, equipment and vehicles in the service department.
10. Ensure that the site is a safe and healthy environment in which to work, ensuring that safe working practices are applied at all times.
11. To provide a training plan for the site which, will include the monitoring and development of apprentices. This should all comply within the guidelines of MBUK.
12. Ensuring all documentation is correctly completed inline with in-house procedures and MBUK procedures, and that job time planning and task allocation for the workshop is carried out correctly.
13. Compiling and maintaining a resource plan for the workshop and developing concepts and measures for load optimisation.
14. Ensuring efficiency of the use of HR and efficiency of processes in the workshop and administration areas.
15. Ensure a close working relationship with all Companies within the Group, thus allowing the optimisation of working practices for the overall benefit of all brands.